Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A picture




www.siewwai.zenfolio.com



A snapshot of two chairs in the garage of an office block just across the road. The setting sun cast its shadow on the wall.

What came to your mind when you saw this photo?

I painted a very beautiful picture in my mind just when I saw this. I am sitting on the chair closer to the shadow, and God sits on the other one. And we are talking and laughing like good friends, or , Dad and daughter. The shadow shall not be cast on me because I am sitting close to my God.

I asked myself a very random question, what would I have thought about this photo 5 years ago, before I met God? I would probably be overwhelmed with a sense of hopelessness rooted deeply in my soul.

Where would I be without God? What would I be doing now without Him? I can't bring myself to even think about it. It would be awful. I dun wanna go back to where I was.

He has literally RESCUED me.

How is my hope renewed on a daily basis when everything seems mundane? By remembering His grace.

Without God, I would probably think, awww what a depressing photo.
With God, I think, hmmm I wanna sit on that chair right next to Him, and enjoy the spectacular sunset .


No comments: