Thursday, March 06, 2008

Daddy and son



(photo taken by SW on 28/2/08, King William Street)


My Heavenly Father will always watch out for me. At the cross road, He stops me and makes sure the road is hazards free, then He says, 'Now son, we will walk.'


Then He bends down to my level, holds my small hand gently in His, and walks with me. He lifts up His left foot, and I imitate Him. But my stature is short, I make the biggest step I can, yet I am never able to catch up.


I am wobbly and unsteady on my feet! I am scared. And the other side of the road seems impossibly far.


But my Father is patient with me. He never rushes me because He knows I am small.


He says,' It's ok , son. I AM here. Don't be afraid. I am holding your hand and walking with you. I will never leave you in the middle of the road. '


It's a cold day, chilled wind is blowing in all directions, all against my lil body. But my Daddy's body is strong and His grasp is firm. His palm makes me warm.


I squint at Him and ask, 'Daddy, does your back hurt from bending over?'


He smiles and shakes His head, 'No, son, I've endured a pain greater than this. '


Eventually we make it to the other side of the road. I know He could have carried me on His shoulders, but He wants me to learn and walk this journey with Him. He could have abondoned me so that He could have reached there without any delay, but He loves me too much.


:) There's no love greater than the Father's love.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice analogy SWW. Nice!

Carmen said...

Je!This is a very good post.True our Daddy in Heaven will never leave us to walk alone.After reading this it made me smile...I had some little matters which I was sort of getting frustrated about but when I read this,I feel nothing but His comfort now.It was probably God who led me to read this today..Thanks Je! Love ya lots!

Carmen

Carmen said...

Je!This is a very good post.True our Daddy in Heaven will never leave us to walk alone.After reading this it made me smile...I had some little matters which I was sort of getting frustrated about but when I read this,I feel nothing but His comfort now.It was probably God who led me to read this today..Thanks Je! Love ya lots!

Carmen

siew wai said...

Who posted a comment on my blog without a name? :)

Carmen,
It must have been a divine appointment! God led me to write it. Jie loves u lots! :)