Monday, March 17, 2008

17/3/08


www.siewwai.zenfolio.com













www.siewwai.zenfolio.com


www.siewwai.zenfolio.com


They said a painting tells about the painter...likewise a photo reflects the photographer, he/she presents what he/she sees thru his/her eye.



I wonder what people tell about me, from my photos.



Some say my photos can be very cold, some say my photos are story telling, some say they are filled with melancholy and loneliness . I dunno. What do you think?


To me , photography is an art, it is not about how expensive the gear is, or how many pieces of lenses/accessories I've acquired. Too many ppl do photography just because they are obssessed with the collection of the equipment but have neglected the art of it.


To me, photography is all about capturing the moments/details that are unseen by the human eye. Simple. I believe this is something I can use to serve the purpose of God.


10 comments:

rach said...

I think your photos are filled with life. I see living creatures wonderfully made by our Heavenly Father in your photos. =)

God bless!

Esther said...

Hi sw, I am moon moon, Sky's friend. I love your photos very much. Yes, they are filled with life and yet so peaceful. I enjoy them very much.

May I use your photos? I would like to share about the reason i want to use them, may I? My email is esthertyy@gmail.com

siew wai said...

Rachel:


Thank u:) I love having your presence on my blog, ur words are always very encouraging.
yeah, I want nothing more than being used by God , even thru photography :) God bless u too Rach!


MoonMoon:


hey! I would really love to meet u:) Thanks ! Please, go ahead and use my photos for any reasons that may serve God:) Keep in touch!

eelainee said...

nice shots!!!
i love ur photos!!!
which camera r u using??? high tech professional one la...

hehe, i love photography too, but, not as pro as u... and just know the basic digital camera one...

eelainee said...

oh, by the way, here don't have nice scenery as ur place.. hehhe

so, r u willing to give some crashcourse in photography?? hehehe

looking forward into easter... he will show me, well, u see, i am a freshman in this....

Anonymous said...

great picts...=)

SH

siew wai said...

Hey Ling,


thanks! my camera is not the very high end one...just Canon 400D. I believe lenses make a big difference. And I am still learning, so much knowledge about photography that I have not yet acquired. so I dun think I can give u any crash course at my level:) but the key is , just don't be afraid, go ahead and press the shuttle button!



Hope u have a close encounter with God at ALL times! I am very excited about your new journey with God :) will DEFINITELY pray for u

siew wai said...

SH:


I have no idea who u are...but thanks for your comment! :) Glad u like the photos !

Anonymous said...

hey hey, its me again. I think photography shows how life can be interesting in different parts of the world. And also still emotions of someone, u can see many things thru their eyes. Im glad u have taken up a very nice hobby. Keep up the good work, and cherios, sw.
You know who am i... :)

siew wai said...

Thanks i know who u are. i will take more and more photos, it is irresistable. stay tuned with my work :)