Tuesday, March 11, 2008

ultrawide angle



(It feels cold but the actual temp was 38C)





(As I peeped through a squared hole outside a construction site)

I am in love with my ultrawide lens. They said serious photographers are usually put into two distinct groups: the telephotists and the wide-anglists. I have both lenses and used to think I certainly belong to the telephotist's group, until I started to learn a bit more about ultrawide angle.

Sometimes it is not necessarily good to zoom in and focus on something thru a pin hole. I have begun to like the 'wide-ness' and the expanded horizon that I see thru a wide angle.




And I just love the distorted edges of the image, they call it barrel distortion.




The item that currently tops my wishlist is a fisheye lens :)




My Birthday is just around the corner...maybe I should get myself a present.

4 comments:

Jinfei said...

i think fisheye is cool, too ^^

siew wai said...

Yeah! :) tell me about that!

I am seriously considering getting a fisheye..but I've already got an ultrawide zoom 10-22mm...just that the angle will never b a fisheye 180 degree.


Sigh, photography..what an expensive hobby.

Anonymous said...

I think you should save some money and keep them for your never-ending-upcoming medical course !!!

Focus on your dream and ambition, okay???

me

siew wai said...

awwwwww....word of wisdom.
yea, u are right, my medical courses :(