Monday, March 10, 2008

This summer



www.siewwai.zenfolio.com




It is madness. 41 C. And the ultimate madness was that I walked to the gym in MID DAY , under the scorching sun. I felt my whole body was cooked inside out. Especially my brain, I could feel the brain juice was going dry and gradually my brain was shrinking and shrinking...




That might have contributed to the madness.








Then all of a sudden I caught this vision of two aboriginal kids playing in the pool/fountain. Looks like people are more disinhibited in extreme weather. And true, who could resist the temptation of having fun in the cool water in summer? At this point all my brain cells were fired up by this unusual sight and came to life again.



With my zoom lens I still came close to the fountain and snapped snapped snapped (yea i bring my camera wherever I go). Snap, snap and snap again... Suddenly I felt the weight of a hand upon my shoulder. I turned around and saw an aboriginal adult stood right next to me (When did he come so close to me????)



The next thing he did was asking me for money because I took the pictures of his children!
By now, I realised I was in a disadvantaged situation and not too far away there were a big gang of aborignal people. I saw that right in the beginning but I just could not resist the temptation of taking those photos.



What do think I did at the end? :)








7 comments:

Genieve said...

i don't know.

what did you do?
obviously did not delete the photo.

tell me..

siew wai said...

hehe


I told them I had no money (which was true, I was out without cash)..


but he looked very disappointed. So I managed to dig out a $2 coin and gave him my only coin.

Anonymous said...

Haha You should've been the one asking HIM for money, by the looks of it :p

siew wai said...

hahaha
Yeah actually I should have asked him for money! Alternatively I should have jumped in the pool, let other passers-by take the photo of me and asked them for money ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha, yeah, you do that... and the cops would arrest you for public terrorism :p

siew wai said...

U clown!


Quite possibly C3 might be the closest destination for me :D

Anonymous said...

Nice photo :o