Friday, October 13, 2006

Hallelujah!

Joanne (my supervisor) wanted to take the afternoon off. She passed me her pager and made me take charge of the patients. Man, I was anxious yet excited. For the first time I as a medical student could truly work like an intern.

It was a busy afternoon; I was paged here and there to see patients. And I really did everything with all my heart and I felt satisfied because finally I was really contributing to the patients.

The last patient I saw was an old man, very sick…


Old man :
Will I die?
SW (smiled) : Why did you ask that?
Old man (smiled) :
I want to leave this life.
SW :
Have you believed that Jesus is your Lord and Saviour?
Old man shook his head.
SW :
Then do you want to do that?
Old man smiled and nodded.
SW : Say this prayer after me and believe in your heart.
SW :
Father, thank You for sending Jesus Your Son…
Old man : Father, thank You for sending …(started mumbling, I was

afraid he might die before finishing it)
SW : ...sending Jesus…
Old man finally finished the prayer.

I was very very very happy. I just kept smiling at him. At the end I grabbed his hand and put it on my cheek and said I loved him. He smiled and said I was like his daughter-in-law, who was a good Christian, and a lovely girl.

I rushed to the hospital chapel and grabbed him a gospel tract. He received it like a precious gift, he hid it near his heart, underneath his hospital gown.

At the end of today I was almost dancing in the corridor. I bumped into another Christian doc whom I hardly talked to; I couldn’t contain my joy but just pulled his sleeve and told him ‘I just led that patient to Christ!’

He was shocked, ‘so quick??!’

Yea, so quick! If we let the Spirit lead us in everything, when the time comes, it just happens within a split second.

Tmrw I am gonna pray for healing for him :)

I almost wanna cry. It is so fulfilling, so humbling! I am in such a privileged position in terms of serving God. I wanna lead as many patients to Christ as God wants me to. I love to be a doc.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey SW, i found yr blog from sam and i will hover it!!! ahahahaha... (nyah... just messing around...) its a great testimony... dunno y i teared after i read it =) ..::liwen::..

siew wai said...

hahahah crazy woman! hover it hover it...
I prayed for healing in my own quiet time, and when I saw him again on Friday he was not on his bed, he was walking! but too bad I did not pray in front of him to let him know it was God who healed him because all his family was there. I was not that bold...

Anonymous said...

siewwai,
i accidentally bumped into ur blog, and i found this meaningful experience of yours. ALtho i don't believe in jesus, i am thrilled after reading this. I know you did something meaningful to you yourself and the patient. I am impressed! You are always such an intelligent gal. Glad to know you and don't forget, "bu ren xin, ...."

love,
yean ching

siew wai said...

bu ren xin!!!!!
heyyyy woman! i m soooooooooo surprised to see your name again! and my heart almost jumped out of my throat! i miss u u know, and these years since we last met on and off i thought of u, esp on ur birthday. i miss u...really :(((
don't u forget about me as well huh

- 'reng1 qiu2'-