Friday, October 06, 2006

conflict management MCQ

What is the best way to handle a conflict?
a) just keep everything to yourself and try to resolve it within yourself
b) tell a few close friends and seek advice
c) gang up with your friends and act against that person
d) sort it out with that person
e) none of above

In my own opinion, and also based on my own experience, i think the answer is really none of the above.

I had a conflict with a very close friend just recently. It was a horrible blow to me. My friend questioned my integrity based on that misunderstanding. No one in my life has ever questioned this part of my personality but this time I have met one.

What's the solution? I could not choose any answer from the MCQ above. Why?

If I chose a), the conflict has not been resolved. I only swallowed the problem and it would turn bitter in my belly and eat me away bit by bit. I would end up being self righteous, thinking I have done my friend a favor by 'forgiving' her on my side.

If I chose b), my friends would surely tell me to either 'tolerate/ignore her' or 'deal with her'. Not clever.

I would never choose c). If the story came out of my mouth it surely was twisted by my own opinion and emotion. What's the benefit of persuading people to stand by me based on my version of story? She would hate me more.

d) sounds very sensible but I would not do that. I am too shy to do it hehehe..
nawww..I don't trust the word that come out of my mouth when I am in anger; likewise her anger would have blocked her ears and mind.

I chose to pray. Not prayed for God to 'make her apologise to me', but prayed for God to forgive me first if I wronged against her, that I can continue to love her, that we will be united in love to serve Him together etc..

I tell you, God is really amazing. I did not say anything, neither did I do anything. I just prayed. Then just an hour ago, she apologised to me, and said God had convicted her about her mistake. We both felt our friendship grew stronger after this.

Praise God=)

Why look horizontally when we can actually look vertically upward for help? When we are at peace with God, He makes all our enemies at peace with us. We don't have to force it out, God Himself changes them and turns their hearts to us, isn't amazing? Praise Him :)

No comments: