Tuesday, October 24, 2006

1000 X things

I am very busy. Hospital work, packing, catching up with friends whom I am afraid I won't see anymore, arranging visa application, some OCF stuff...etcetc.

I have a lot to say here but probably I don't have the time yet.

10 more days of life as a medical student. This identity as a medical student has been with me for 6 years ; in another word, I have lived a 1/4 of my life as a medical student. Now that I will no longer be a medical student, it feels very weird.

I am currently physically drained.
***

Another thing, to the anonymous person who left hostile comments on my blog, I must say this:

In my limited wisdom and opinion, I think it is an act of pure cowardice that you did not put down your real name when you left comments like that. To be honest, I would call it bold and admire you if you confronted me in person. Next time when you wanna do it again, plz think twice, 'has Wong Siew Wai ever used foul language to accuse people of other religions?' If you find no fault in me, plz do to others what you want them to do to you. The word 'Biatch' is not a usual way of greeting. That's basic morality.

Thanks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear siew wai,
i was rather disturbed by your claims of having a chat with god and somewhat that irked me. No offense about what i said yesterday, this is what i feel. Maybe the word "biatch" wasnt nice at all, i am sorry. But i feel that probably youre letting the whole world know your inner feelings and mind you, not everyone can be at your frequency to understand where ur words are heading at.
I realise you can be mean to other religions by saying that christ is the only salvation, there is nothing wrong with that statement but do think about the feelings of people who believe in other religions, dont you think as a medical student, you're probably being viewed as a christian fanatic? And that the web is not just viewed by your friends and christians.
And having conversations to god, its personal, you dont tell the whole world what god tells you, coz youre not the chosen one or the messiah. Nevertheless when u say things like that, i think youre loco(spanish for crazy) or youre under the influence of haluccinagens, like marijuana. My point of view. Again with respect to women, i am sorry about yesterdays remarks.

Ink-your-bust

gilliangel said...

Dear Ink-your-bust,
1) This being SWai's space on the WWW allows her to express her personal opinions, however 'loco' they may be.

2)We believe in a God who has a personal relationship with each of His creation - hence the ability to be able to 'converse' to each of us.
Granted, some take it too far and are at the other end of the spectrum. When someone shares about what Christ has done in their lives/convicted them of, it is called a testimony - aimed at encouraging faith.

3) Please spell hallucinogen like it is.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ink-your-bust,

I'm reading this and can't help but wonder..what effects do Siew Wai's posts have on you as a person? What compelled you to post as such?

That being said, is there a deeper issue beneath the criticisms of the content of Siew Wai's blog. No doubt, everyone is entitled to his/her own 2 cents. But is there something more to the comments than merely trying to "correct" Siew Wai for the sake of defending those of other religions?

Regarding the ability to have a chat with God. Again, how does this affect you? If this is a plea for clarity, yes, it is possible for God to converse with us. How? ah... you could always try asking Him personally to speak to you. Then you'll know lah. =D

Anonymous said...

well done and well said both of you but i think i wanted an answer from siew wai and not both of u. Nevertheless, thanks for the grammar lesson, miss gillian. Like i said, its my point of view, not an enforcement.

NightSky

Anonymous said...

tan-tan

no one in sane mind disregards the fact that jesus never existed, he is a special person, but people just question the validity of the bible. And have u ever met jesus? beside being closer with him thru a platonic relatoinship thru the bible, have you touched his hand or heard his voice. If you havent yet done so i think you should rephrase that sentence.

NightSky