Saturday, January 12, 2008

what do I like about Adelaide?

Her simplicity.


I was born and bred in a big city. My grandparents, parents and the whole extended family are from KL, and I have lived in the heart of the city centre of KL for the whole of my life.
My heart sank when I first arrived in this small town 5 years ago. Coming from a big city, I thought everything in Adelaide seemed pathetically small and slow.



Now I've gradually fallen in love with this place. I have begun to appreciate her beauty. Every part. The streets, the trams, the buses, the trees, the buildings...and most importantly, the people.


God gives me the heart to see the beauty of everything. Call me naive, but I insist to believe every creature , every part of the creation is beautiful.









www.siewwai.zenfolio.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have read your past few blogs.
Though I am biased (having been born in Adel, Adel is a great town to live in...once you have broken through the usual barrier that occurs when you move to a new city.
Enjoy your one month off...it is the most unstressful part of your career that you will have...no studying, nobody to answer to, no management issues....just the glory of having finished what may be the most nerve-wracking year of your professional life!!!
enjoy your 2008

siew wai said...

Dr B,
Sure :)And I do agree with u, if everything goes well, i do wanna live here for a few more years.

Will certainly enjoy my holidays, and load my suitcase with NEW SHOES and gadgets :)

Enjoy your 2008, please do come along if the A team has a reunion :) ur presence is expected!!!!!!!!No excuse!

from ur bossy intern

Genieve said...

i still need to get through the barrier :(

but i do like adelaide.
but not as much as i like msia.

maybe 1 day...

siew wai said...

Gen,
u might like this place maybe after a few years :) are u having fun back home?