Saturday, January 19, 2008

day 6 in KL

I have been having a good time at home, of course it's always good to be home.


KL has not changed much since I last saw her 6 months ago, except for a few new highways and a new shopping center .


The city is still chock full of people and vehicles.
The entertainment/ F&B business is still blooming here (and has been since years ago).
The headlines still revolve around the same sorts of stories.


It is good to be home:)


The only downside of living here is the lack of my freedom in doing whatever I desire. For example, carrying an expensive camera( and lenses ) wherever I go is generally discouraged.
I was already bombarded with horrible tales like how someone's arm was chopped off in broad day light in KL, by some evil baddies who could not think of any better ways to snatch her handbag.


Otherwise there would have been excellent shooting opportunities at places like the alleys, the old buildings, the massive crowd of white collars crossing a busy road at lunch hour, the busy wet markets, the park lands , the little old man who sits on his little wooden stool outside of the 30 year old grocery stall etc etc... KL is so beautiful, full of colours and life.


Not shooting for more than a week has made me very restless. Staring at my camera and lenses but having nothing to do with them is a real torment to my mental state (well, of course it was exaggerated)... guess what I did? I shot the roof of my neighbour's house through my window. I hope my neighbour did not see it and think I was spying on him/her :)


To be continued...

3 comments:

Genieve said...

hey i miss you!!!!

take care and have fun!

and i know what you mean. dad already "ngam" me about safety issues and handbag problem for so so long...

im scared now whenever i go out. doesnt feel like hom anymore.

no more freedom to do what i like :(

anyways, enjoy ur hols!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to go home now! I keep thinking of all the pictures I can take... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy

:)

siew wai said...

Hey Housemate
I miss u too:)! Enjoy ur hol k? Any new s about ur enrolment?

PT: yeayyy!! 4 more days to go! :)be sure u bring ur cam to the reunion:)