Thursday, August 03, 2006

a silent night

Just some thoughts that flash thru my mind in this silent night:

My very good friend sky is working in taiwan, on MSN, he said he was eating durian. I was like WHATTT u have durian in taiwan!! Then this fella went on describing the colour, texture , smell, taste, size etc of the durian.
It really makes me miss home madly. I mean of course not because of durian that makes me miss home. I am a durian fanatic, each time before I came back to Aus, the durian season was usually over, but dad would run around the town and always manage to find me some durians. No one in the family would ever touch those durians (out of their love for me, not fear).

I miss home. Sometimes I ask myself (and God) stupid questions like 'Why am I still staying in Australia? I should be back home serving my country and my people', this feeling and doubt is even stronger when the local people here don't appreciate the blessings that God has given them. They are very well taken care by their government, yet they complain. In Malaysia, the healthcare system is not even 50% as complete as it is in Australia. Yet the people just take in whatever that is given to them.

I really don't feel that this is the place where I will live for the rest of my life.I have not heard specific instruction from God, if He says I will go wherever He sends. Africa? China? Cambodia? Malaysia? Just tell me God.

I guess God has been preparing my physical body for mission since young. Physically I am tough, I can sleep anywhere under any environmental condition, I can eat all kinds of food under all conditions (except for meat, which is good, most poor places do not have meat), I can go in and out of the jungle, I can tolerate dirtiness, I can survive with just a T shirt and a pair of pants ( thats y now i dress up while i have the chance hehe )

Ah Tan always says she wanna be my mission partner. What comes to my mind is:
a doctor + a dentist + 2 evangelists + 2 loyal disciples + the ALL POWERFUL LORD JESUS = rock the world...muahahaha


**** Disclaimer: I didn't mean all ppl here are unappreciative, i m just referring to a bunch of patients whom i met in the hospital on a daily basis. of course, we find unappreciative ppl everywhere, they exist in malaysia as well :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...irene ar...it's my 1st time here...juz wana leave a msg here n' say that I Miss the Malaysian durian too...miss u guys as well la....haha~
btw, it's a touching entry...i know GOD will guide u...
take care~

siew wai said...

irene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha... it'll be better if yoshimi is ur mission partner too, then the equation will be:
a doctor + a dentist + a nurse

siew wai said...

joannies: what about u? we can form a mission team and go :D

KongY said...

ummm...any place for me?...

i'll be ummm.... the cook? =P

siew wai said...

hehe...seriously, we can do something about this.
dun cook meat

Anonymous said...

haha... me?? i wonder if i can survive without my comp & step out of my comfort zone... although i've been living in "forest", which is Sandakan for 10 yrs.

i'll support u gals MENTALLY... wuahaha~!

PS: i'm a meat lover, how can i don eat meat... T-T

siew wai said...

haha
sandakan is not a forest...
it is just an unexplored place with lotsa lotsa trees hehehe.