Thursday, August 24, 2006

3 senarios

tell me what you should do/feel in these 3 senarios, esp when they all happen in 3 days:

1) 1st day: u are invited to a not-so-close friend's farewell party, to be polite u go. but bcuz u r not close,u dunno he has moved. When u reach his house, u find that the house is very quiet, u think 'hmm maybe they are praying for him.'
Then u open the front gate which is not locked, u go into the house.

All of a sudden an aussie man,woman and child come out from the backdoor of the house. Both parties are startled! And the aussie man raises his voice in a hostile tone ,saying ,' Excuse me, this is OUR house, what are u doing ?!!'

U are 'caught' and thought to be a burglar!!

Then instantaneously u raise up ur arms as a sign of surrender, u say 'sorry, i am not trying to break in, i just thought my friend is living here.'

They say ,' They have left last year.' ...without hesitation u hurry urself out of that place, and u feel at ur back they are staring at u in disgust and unbelief.
________________________________________________________________

2) 2nd day: u park ur car nicely in a parking box in front of a supermarket. When u walk out of the supermarket to ur car, an old aussie man stands close to ur car. His car is next to yours. When he sees u he shouts loudly,almost puts u in absolute embarrassment in public ,

' DO YOU PARK LIKE THAT IN CHINA?!!!!!!!!!!!??'

Then u check ur car, u park correctly in the correct place, not obstructing any traffic. U don't even know what's wrong. He goes on scolding and yelling and shouting at you, as if u have done something wrong. He says the police will come to fine u etc etc etc.
____________________________________________________________

3) 3rd day: you are working in the hospital as usual. An old aussie woman is sent to emergency department. You genuinely smile and want to offer your professional help to her. Instead of coorperation she gives u a sour face because u are a student doctor. Then she starts questioning everything that u do in your physical examination on her. She thinks you know nothing and says nasty thing about you and your medical knowledge.

Then she says ,' Oh God (she uses God's name in vain), can you plz send someone who is ENGLISH SPEAKING to me? I don't understand your English at all. Plz speak proper English!'

She yells so loud that the doctor nextdoor hears it. And to be professional you have to smile, and continue to do what u have to do as a doctor.
________________________________________________________

Yes, these 3 odd incidents happened to me in the past 3 days. In between there were also some small, unpleasant things. After each time my heart almost jumped out, I almost wanna cry out in tears. Again I asked myself , 'Why am I still in Australia??????????????'

BUT should I complain? NO. This is nothing compared to what I will face in future in mission field. Shall I give up? Will this affect my joy in God ? BY NO MEANS! In fact, I grew stronger and tougher after each unpleasant accusation. Yeah, my skin becomes 3 mm thicker now. Hehe :))))) very good. You won't enjoy your Christian faith in this world if you don't have a very thick skin.

I know who did all this. Not the Aussies. If I blamed the Aussies, then I am no different from the racists.

The devil, our enemy in common, the accuser is the culprit. he thinks he can distract me and stop my joy? On the contrary, what he gave to me defeated his own evil purpose.

God is able to turn a mistake to be something beautiful.

Genesis 50:20 -> ' You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.'

Amen :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear dear siew wai!!

I was greatly encouraged by your post! It's so hard to remember and focus on keeping our eyes on Him and not letting the enemy rob us of our joy in the Lord... Thank you for reminding me Siew Wai! Thank you! Stay strong! *hugs*

siew wai said...

:) we stay strong together , sister! hugs

KongY said...

hmm... true Samuel! I guess now and then we fall into this trap. Thanks for the reminder sister. Truly is a blessing reading you thoughts~!

Amen sister.

siew wai said...

Amen!

To Samuel:

Thanks for being very honest here:) but true enuf, even though u have to act happy, ur smile actually has brought lotsa joy to the ppl around u. dun be surprised if i tell u here i have been greatly encouraged by what u told me earlier. love u brother.

To Keith:

u are another person who has inspired me. not many ppl have the kind of diligence like u, u know... :)
love, brother.