Tuesday, August 29, 2006

the birth of a dream

I cant contain it , I must write this! All my cells are praising God, for His perfect timing,His provision and His sovereignty...

Today I celebrate the birth of a dream. I call it the M&M project. What is it? It means Missionaries Maker project.

I remember 2 years ago God called me to be a full time missionary; 1 yr ago He started giving me the burden for Chinese students in Australia, I began to wanna start a Chinese OCF to cater to the Chinese students; I also wanted to form a mission trip for OCF.However the projects were delayed because we have been too stretched with man power, I was just busy building up OCF.

I never saw how these 3 things could link. Today God has let me see it!

See, when I step down from presidency, I will start the M&M project. We give ourselves 1 year of preparation spiritually, physically and mentally. Our destination is a short mission trip to China. With the help from OMF, we will get the training on reading Scripture in Mandarin, communication in Madarin, and studying Chinese culture. In that one year of serious training, we must pray and fast consistently,and memorise at least a gospel book in Mandarin.

While we get our training, we also form the Chinese OCF group , that will be the ground of practice for all of us.

Ultimately we will achieve 4 things:
1) reach out to Chinese students here; (mission at our doorstep)
2) put our training in practice while reaching out to the Chinese students here
3) hopefully the converted Chinese students will be impacted by our training and join us in this mission trip, this will open their eyes to see the need to go home to spread the Gospel to their own ppl.
4) some may pull out,but ultimately those who endure the 1yr training will truly know their calling as missionaries.

God is awesome, He never makes mistakes. Before He close a door, He will first open another one.

I remember asking Him ' how to be a missionary?' , ' What do I do after being the chair person of OCF? ' , at one point of time I was just worried I will be made redundant, coming from an ultra active leadership role to not so active role, my human nature will surely let me down.

But God will never run out of plans for those who earnestly wanna serve Him.

Ivy Voon is so excited and she will fight alongside (she forced me to mention her name hehe:))

Whoever wanna join the training, please pray for conviction. If you are called, God will bring us together with one vision. I am very excited now, but I still need to pray for God to protect this dream, because a temporal passion will die when it is tested, but a conviction stands.

No comments: