Monday, July 10, 2006

soccer and things that i like to do (part 1)

i bought a soccer ball , it is adidas 2006 match ball glider, not the original world cup match ball because that one is $160.

now that i have my own soccer ball in my room, every time when i m free i just practice kicking and dribbling. the only word i can use is : FUN. but it is definitely not because of the world cup. since high school i have been wanting to play soccer. i used to play with the guys in front of the hostel before i became busy in OCF.

what flattered me was recently the uni gym manager who is also the uni soccer coach asked me if i played soccer, because from the amount of time and speed i run on the treadmill he gathered i would be good at soccer (hehe), so the coach asked me to join the girl's soccer team. of course i said yessssssssssss...but i dun think i have time for the training. i dun even have time to cook a decent dinner daily.

my friend was so surprised when she found out i actually have my own hobbies and passion for other things, she said 'i thought u dont have ur own passion'

what she said made me glad because ppl see more of Christ and less of siew wai in me. good! and i feel very joyful even though i have given up my own interests. i wanna be faithful in my calling.and when God tells us to love Him with ALL our heart, mind, soul and strength, He really means it.

things that i wanna resume after i step down are:
1) more and more reading
2) drawing and painting ( i m actually good at this, i used to dream of being an artist)
3) photography (esp black and white)
4) long distance cycling (have to fix my racing bike...it is a red racing bike which i used to travel all over malaysia.i brought it all the way from malaysia)
5) soccer, table tennis, volleyball and SPORTS... i wanna participate and complete a triathlon before i die.. =)

No comments: