Wednesday, July 05, 2006

chris

i have never had doubt about God's sovereignty and His promises. i know very well that we just have to perservere. i respect chris, and i admire his perseverence...many of my friends are also unemployed. it is too easy for me to just say 'hang in there, trust in God etc etc..' i wanted to provide practical aid but i dunno how to. i can just pray and pray and pray.

i think this has contributed to my frustration recently. on top of this, i really dunno where i will go and what my next ministry will be after my term as the chairperson of OCF.

psalm 119 says God is the lamp to my feet and the light to my path. rightly so, He only provides the light that is just bright enuf for our feet to move one step forward.

thank God that i have Him in my life. if i did not have this promise to hold on to, i would be very likely to attempt suicide again, just like the old siew wai.

chris, (as well as ben, alan, adrian, david...), plz dun give up.

Disclaimer: i m a lil down but my faith is still strong. don't worry about me. i believe as a servant of Christ we are constantly under attack. i will finish the race as a victor.

2 comments:

Benji said...

Cheers Siew Wai... Thanks for all your encouragement and support...

Benji said...

Chris, we're both in the same boat.. Think about what has the Lord brought you through this last one year... Like what Pastor Nick once said, we're always want God's miracles but never want God's process. From the start, I believed that going through God's process is the most important thing He wants us to go through before giving us the miracle. God wants the best for us.. and the best is not ready for us yet.. Imagine getting a job and not having the passion to do that job because it's not what you want to do but you're just doing it out of obligation. Which is better? Doing a job you love or a job you dread every morning? Continue to look to God... There's something He want us to learn and acknowledge before the miracle happens. You're not alone buddy.. you're not alone.