Thursday, July 20, 2006

A patient died

2 days ago, one of the patients on the ward was dying. He was 80 years old, in coma when I saw him. The doctors said he would die in 1-2 days. His daughter , 50 years old,was with him all the time. That morning I felt very compelled to pray for him , so when the doctors left his room after seeing him, I stayed back.

I told the daughter I was a Christian, wanted to pray for her dad. She was shocked but glad about my decision.

Then I asked, 'Does your dad believe in Jesus Christ?'

'Not that I know of, ' she said.

I felt a sense of chill running down my spine. Death was so close, my heart was very sad, again, one soul was going to the eternal fire. This soul would be eternally separated from God.

The saddest thing was when she told me, 'Dad is going to a better place, dad is going to paradise,the world is full of sufferings, it is good he is leaving. Hopefully he will see Jesus when he pass thru the passage...'

I was very very very sad to hear that. People do not know after death, there is eternal fire and eternal sufferings,and the suffering is n times more than it is in the world, if they don't believe in Christ. People thought everyone would go to heaven.

I hope I did not hurt her feeling, I wanted to present the truth without compromise. I knew it would'n't help if I told her straight in her face that 'your dad is going to hell u know?'...so I put it in a milder way. I really hope I did the right thing.

I said, ' Only those who believe in Jesus Christ will go to heaven, so I will pray for him to wake up and accept Christ.'

I laid my hand on the old man, praying that if God willing, plz give him a bit more time to accept Christ before he died. The sense of urgency and battle against satan was really intense. My sweat was dropping (literally)

~~~

I dint go to the hospital yesterday, but today when I passed by the room, I didn't see the dying patient anymore. There was a new patient in the room.

I wonder where he is now...his body was dead yesterday, but where is his soul now?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a great fight, n v r goin to WIN~~~ if everyone is doing part n listen to the voice fo de HS ~~ jia you sis!!

Anonymous said...

Are you in other words saying that people of other religions are not worthy of salvation?
Is this the love that you Christians have for people who don't agree with you?

Ink-yor-bust

siew wai said...

Beware, I have never said people of other religions are not worthy of salvation. Salvation is made ready for EVERYONE ON EARTH, through the death of Jesus. It is only up to us whether we wanna RECEIVE this salvation.

And did I ever say I don't show love for people who don't agree with me? I wonder in which sentence I did say that.

In fact, the love of Christ is expressed to you by dying for you.

I was a SUPER AntiChrist years ago, I also accused Christians.
It is only when I found out more about Jesus that changed my life.

God bless you.