Sunday, December 02, 2007

my camera

I must share this....so I have decided to abandon my old film SLR (I have not used that for a 2-3 years) and switch to DSLR.


I bought a set of photography equipment online from the States, finally got it just 3 weeks ago:) so the story goes all the way back to 3 weeks ago, I was very excited and could not wait to start shooting with my new toy, even without a camera bag. I literally stuffed my new camera into my handbag.and....guess what, as I got too excited talking with my friends, I swung my handbag and it slipped off my hand, dropped on the ground from a great height! Mind you it was only the 3rd day of its arrival....The internal parts were damaged and the only way out is to fix it.




Some of my friends suggested to send it back to the States and claimed that it was a faulty item to start with. Of course I did not do this, instead of that I sent it to the local Canon for repair, knowing that it would probably cost me a fortune. The Canon guy told me the labour fee itself would cost me $350, and that does not include replacement of the parts which I believe can be very expensive.







To cut the long story short, just a few days ago I received a quotation letter from Canon telling me the damage was very minor, the total cost including replacement of the parts was only $94. Wow!!! When I read the letter my jaw dropped, the only question that came thru my mind was, ' How can it be so cheap?', if it was not a miracle from God then it must have been a typo.






That day I was the happiest person in the world. It was not just the money, but what mattered the most was that God again showed me right in my face His faithfulness. I could have been dishonest with the camera trader and said it was a faulty product and asked for a full refund; but I chose to honour God . And, as a result He honours me :)









Anyway, these photos are taken by me, edited by Joshua.







my favourite shot, edited into black and white by Joshua.




















Henley Beach
























Lil Joshua





















Lil Joshua and his dad, both from Ethiopia

3 comments:

Genieve said...

hey! i love ur photos.

esp the henley beach1.

teach me to do it professionally one day. i will love to learn..

it has a sense of peace and serenity.

love the mood!

siew wai said...

hey gal, sure thing . we can shoot together :) one of these days i will go to henley beach again...just to shoot and chill..

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.