Wednesday, December 12, 2007

gusto - the 19th day

Today in my mid term assessment my consultant wrote : ' Dr Wong is a delightful and well respected intern who is finishing off her internship with gusto, she provides excellent care for the patients. ' ...I caught him on the ward and made him do my assessment there and then. I smiled, when I read it.



Then my eye went down to the next line, area of improvement : 'She needs to improve her hand writing.' : ( What!...his is no where better than mine..anyway, just because he is my consultant...



To be honest, I really love what I am doing now. Have you watched Hairspray? Every morning I feel like that girl, wake up looking forward to going to work, to enjoying the good 45 minute drive, to following the wardround, to talking and treating my patients...and then time passes very quickly.



Work to me is not a torment, it is a sense fulfilment and achievement. Maybe because I love the rush of adrenaline, or maybe I simply believe we ought to choose what we love , and love what we choose. I believe in loving our jobs. To me, doctor is not just a job; it is a means of serving God and His ppl.


1 Cor 10:31, 'so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.'


I love pacing around getting things done. My consultant thinks I am too fast for him, he gives me nicknames like Mighty Mouse, Typhoon Siew Wai etc etc...but all in all, I like the way he wrote my assessment , 'she is finishing off her internship with GUSTO.'


All glory to God, I live with enthusiasm and passion because of Him. Amen :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! im really happy for you!

and it was good talking to you just now.

hehe..i've got one nickname by one of the registered nurse when i was on placement too.

its, supernurse..

haha, i wanna be a supernurse.
then u can be a super doctor too :)

siew wai said...

hey supernurse
yeay i m sure u are super,looking at how u cleaned our house that day hehehe...
well, it was indeed very nice talking to u, can't believe after moving in for so long that we finally TALKED:) and u know u can always knock on my door don't u

Genieve said...

ya, i know. but i know that u are busy and tired at night too..

hehe :)

thanks anyway.

we got new tv, and i can be tv queen again.