Thursday, December 13, 2007

Maybe I should sleep now - the 18th day

So today is the 18th day towards the end of 2007. It is already 11:50, finished work at 9pm, picked up a friend from another friend's place, just got home feeling exhausted. And it doesnt help to know that tmrw I'll have to get up earlier than usual for work. Maybe I should stop typing now, maybe I should just sleep. But, naw, it is the 18th day to the 31st.


Today I got my roster for next year. Anaesthetic, Intensive Care Unit, Surgical and Emergency Department. It is gonna be a brand new experience. What is it gonna be like? Being wrapped in surgical scrubs day and night means I am gonna make my public appearance in scrubs. ( Scrubs, you know, those greenish blueish pyjamas like tops that we see in Grey's Anatomy)...there goes all my fancy clothes and shoes and accessories :(


But it is gonna be a whole new experience at work. Right now I am very comfortable with what I am doing now. After a year I have had the hang of it, I've come to know how to be a good intern, I've grown to be confident and authoritative in doing what I am meant to do. The best thing is, my boss trust me because I've proven myself throughout the year (and it is the same for all other interns), yet I don't bear the true responsibility. I am covered by my boss, I dun have the heavy burden on my shoulders.


Sometimes I do wish to just stay at this stage. It seems to be the safest and most comfortable place. I wonder what I'd be like if I were to carry on for 1 more year.


But, naw...I am glad I am finishing my internship. Unlike many other interns, I don't feel drained or exhausted. I am just bored. I want to do something greater and different.


This year has been great and challenging, I believe next year there is more to come. I've trusted in God, I am trusting in Him, and I will continue to trust in Him.

2 comments:

Genieve said...

oohhh, i want exciting jobs too.

i wanna try theatre, but but, my still not qualified yet.

well, u take care, and rest enough.

got a new tv. someone gave it to us cause she has 3.

siew wai said...

hey...
theatre is a very good one. go for it girl,then maybe we can work together when i become a surgeon hehe
new tv?????? where is it?