Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Part 4: New Career

I have gone through a couple of days of orientation to the hospital system, protocols and guidelines. It wasn't like those orientation progams of highschool or colleges packed with events. Our orientation consisted of multi-disciplinary seminars. The very fun part was about disaster management. We were brought outside the hospital and taught to use the fire extinguisher. It was for the first time in my life that I put out a fire (made for practice purposes) with a fire extinguisher.

How do I feel about being a real doctor? The only thing I can say now is, MY BRAIN IS BLANK AFTER 6 YEARS OF MED SCHOOL. The best part is, I am gonna start on night shift, which means I will be on my own in the department . This time I feel I am really thrown into the deep sea to learn to swim all by myself. The shift starts from 8pm through to 9am the next morning and I will work 7 nights in a row per week for 3 months. The good thing is, I get every alternate week off after every 7 nights.

Tonight I am gonna have my first night shift with the outgoing intern.

Well, it is not all that bad at all. I am generally very excited and happy. I know God has planned everything for me, I have learned to appreciate what He gives me and I need not to worry at all. Everything comes timely around this time of the year. New year, new accommodation, new carreer, new lifestyle...and I have lived a 1/4 of a century. It very well serves as a brand new start of the next phase of my life.

I am excited :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

on the reference to plans... i think we design our own plans and God guides us thru it. It is great you are being a real doctor now in a night shift but i believe its great. Good first hand experience.. That means lesser time spent with me... but its alright, i am proud of you, SW.

Nightsky

siew wai said...

haha we can still spend time online..
well, thanks for that. it has been very very nice and kind of u to encourage me the way u did.
i m proud of u too, nightsky, for the major decision that u made for ur direction of life.
u were quite right, we have the freedom to decide and God guides us thru everything. for whatever decision that u made, trust in God :)
thanks for being my friend my dear nightsky.
hugs

Anonymous said...

Yes, i dont really worry about it because i know youre a doctor now and people out there need you more than i need you. My decision was made because i felt that adelaide wasnt the road to success for me. Yes i had awesome friends, but for my future i reckon Adelaide wasnt it. Right now i am actually confused about what i want to do with my degree. Hmm. Anyways ill talk to you sometime when youre free SW. And well, you dont have to thank me for anything, i reckon i have a purpose in your life. I dont know what though.

Nightsky

siew wai said...

of course u have a purpose in my life..i believe our paths crossed for a reason.