Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Part 3: New house

I have finally shifted into the new place.

It was just a few months ago that we started praying for a house. We wanted a place that is near OCF and church so that we may open the house for the meetings of OCF and church members. We wanted to make it a shelter, a place of rest and peace for any friend who needs a break. Therefore we prayed for a house of a good location and size.

In just less than 5 mins after we prayed, we received a phone call from a friend asking us to check out a house for rent. To our amazement, the house is located just directly opposite of where we ususally meet for OCF, and it is just a few mins walk from the city centre. The garage is quite large which is nice for my car and we are gonna spare some room in it to keep the musical instruments of OCF. We saw that this house would fulfil the purpose of serving God and the people.

The house is fully furnished at a very affordable rent.
What more amazing is, one of tenants who is staying on with us now is not a believer of Christ. Our relationship with her is so good that she has been coming to church with us for weeks.

The mircale of how we got this house is truly a humbling experience to me. It is exactly similar to how I got my car. In both cases, I learned one thing, that is to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness , and all these things will be given to us. Infact, He has given me abundantly, more than what I asked for.

If our hearts are right and what we ask for is to serve His people, I don't see any reason why God would refrain from distributing His grace and provision unto us. And the end result is always a win-win situation.

***
Tada~~~ now I am presenting my favourite corner of the bedroom. I gave away most of the furniture in my room and bought a few pieces from IKEA. Finally I have had a taste of designing my own room. Everyday after work I just can't wait to come home...






It is still messy, boxes of books are still piling on the floor because the very cool black bookcase has not arrived yet :)

4 comments:

Amkayell said...

Your room looks awesome! :D Can't wait to meet you again soon... Congratulations on you grad! Love you Heaps!

Anonymous said...

Nice room there... remniscnece of my room in adelaide.. just a tad messy though. Yes, when things like this occur it is definitely an humbling experience. I'll say less today. God bless.

Nightsky

siew wai said...

hehe yea i like my room too:)

melissa: u must come to visit :)

nightsky: hey i heard your room in adelaide was very messy...hehe
sigh it is such a pity i didnt get to meet up with u in adelaide....quite sad actually.

Anonymous said...

hey Sw, dont let out the biggest secret in tow, my messy room:-) lol. Yeah pity is no good in a friendship eh. I think we will still have a cuppa one day. Just be patient and well, you should be happy technology is there, msn is there. So there is no excuse for an online meet up eh. Dont be sad, life has its moments, just wait and you might be surprised with its outcomes..

Nightsky