Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Tozer's prayer

I came across a very beautiful prayer. A.W. Tozer wrote this in his book 'The Pursuit of God'...

' Father, I want to know You, but my coward heart fears to give up its toys. I cannot part with them without inward bleeding, and I do not try to hide from You the terror of the parting. I come trembling, but I do come.

Please root from my heart all those things which I have cherished so long and which have become a very part of my living self, so that You may enter and dwell there without a rival. Then shall You make the place of Your feet glorious. Then shall my heart have no need of the sun to shine in it, for Yourself will be the light of it, and there shall be no night there.

In Jesus' name, Amen.'

4 comments:

gilliangel said...

Just wanted to say hi. Lovely reading your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

siew wai!!!!!!!!!


siew wai siew wai!! Hello hello!! Wah, haven't kept in contact with you for so long! Missing you lots! How've you been? please take good care k!

love,
sher-mayne =]

siew wai said...

hey my dear!!! so exciting! hey i m coming to spam ur blog now hahahaha...love u lots.

siew wai said...

and to G: thanks:) u are always very encouraging to me..remember our 'special connection'? i believe we still have that, even though we have parted for so long..love u love u love u.