Thursday, May 22, 2008

3 days of silence

I've decided I shall not post for 3 days, a solemn ceremony for the victims of disasters.


Burma has seen the loss of more than 78,000 lives by far, another 50,000 missing.
Yet the junta is refusing international aid.


The chinese death toll has exceeded 51000...and 5m displaced.


What can I do here? I shan't complain that I am sick and tired, my 'suffering' is nothing at all, compared to the loss of lives , and those could well be lives lost ETERNALLY.


Human human, don't we feel helpless at the fragility and unpredictability of our lives? Don't we realise that right now we are surfing the internet, and tmrw we could be dead...


That's a very humbling thought to me. How many of us, or rather for myself, how many days in my life that I've lived like there's no tomorrow? At this point of my life, I would have no problem if I were to be taken away tmrw, but I would not be able to give a good account to God , standing in front of His throne, for I have not done enough to be the light and salt of the world.


My parents and brother, and so many more friends and relatives, and many many many MANY more ppl that I rub shoulder with daily....they have not heard about Jesus. What if there were a grade 9 quake in Malaysia or Australia tmrw????.....


I am very overwhelmed.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

yea, human beings are helpless and sometimes hopeless coz we are stubborn.i feel so useless and hurting so much tat so many people have lost their lives eternally.i dun understand y the so called christians dun even bothered to organise some prayer meetings for the victims yet the buddhists did!! what are we doing really?!?! haiz... hope u get well really soon so that you could be full on again for God!!! love ya~ (tina)