Tuesday, February 13, 2007

the Equal Opportunity Amendment Bill

This is a ridiculous law. Imagine what would happen to you if you said,'Hey siewwai, you have become very fat and ugly!' I would have a few options as to what I could do to u. I could either laugh at it and let it go, or bring this to the commission and charge you. Why is this a stupid and ridiculous law? Because this is unlike other laws. Under other laws, you are innocent until proven guilty, but this law says that you are guilty until proven innocent.


Therefore, if you said I was fat and ugly and I felt offended by this, I could bring this to the commission and you would automatically be guilty until proven innocent. you would have to spend lotsa lotsa lotsa money in the court to prove your innocence.


If you went to a church and heard the preacher said 'God is the only true living God', 'All men are sinful' etcetc and got offended by that, you could bring this the commission and charge the preacher for what he said. He had to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend himself in the court to prove his innocence.


This has happened in Victoria. 2 preachers were charged because what they preached was NOT PLEASING in the ears of some unbelievers. Then they had to spend a lot a lot a lot of money to defend themselves. That money could have been used on the mission field.


I can't believe this has happened in Australia, in a culture that has been proud of her freedom of speech. You don't have the freedom to say/write/publish anything for fear that what you say/write/publish might offend a certain group of ppl in the community. If I don't like you or what you say; or if I am an oversensitive and easily offended person, then I can accuse you of discriminating me whenever I like.


We must stand up and stop this from coming to South Australia. How to do that? Go to
www.willyouvisitmeinprison.com


and hey, don't you dare to say I am fat and ugly, I have a weapon in my hand, i can sue u now haha

2 comments:

Issie said...

hi siew wai! Remember me? Met you on Vision Sunday. Hope all is going well.

siew wai said...

of course i remember u:)unless i have short term memory loss hehe...