Friday, November 28, 2008

nostalgia


I stayed up late...I get to do this sometimes, very rarely. It's my off-week, staying up and sleeping in is perfectly justified.






I am in a very nostalgic mood now.






I thought of all my friends who have crossed my path. I thank God for them...some were in my life for a short period of time, for a certain purpose that only God knows; some were for a lil longer, and of course, some are still lingering in my life now.






I thought of Skye tonight. He has been with me since 1995. We saw each other's ups and downs. He was always the angry big brother who was a bit too over protective, and held grudge against all boys who dared to come near me, because they were not good for me. I asked him all the time (I still ask him now), ' am I your best friend?' , just for fun.






I know the answer, we don't need to say anymore. ' Best friend' is a very loose term. None of us in this world have only one best friend for the whole life. People come and go, we have a best friend in kindie, a best friend in primary school, another best friend in high school, and best friend in college, in uni, in workplace, in church, ...in different phase of our lives, God gives us different friend/group of friends to journey with us.






This makes our lives colourful and sentimental. You were my best friend in primary school, but for some reasons, we lost touch with each other...we hardly hear from each other anymore, but you hold a special place in my heart...then you were my best friend, now u still are, in a special way...






I think of Yean Ching. We knew each other since 1988, and were like twin sisters since then until high school. We had our secret codes, and we used to spend hours on the phone everyday. She's in the States now. I dunno what she's doing but I still think of her sometimes. Yean Ching...I wanna tell you I am getting married...






I think of KaGee and Shu Kuen. We were so close in Form 4-5. We stayed over at each other's place, we had our own shared journal, we talked about dreams and our future...






I think of Fei Gei , we made our first backpacking trip together at 15. We kinda got distant from then.






I think of Ming. We were 16 and we shared about our ambitions to change the world, to make the world a better place. He accepted Christ a few years back too...we met again this year, it was a very heart warming experience to be able to talk about Christ. We still wanna change the world, but now in Christ =)






I think of my friends in Ringwood...Ah Gu, Woan Yi...I miss those days dearly. I am still having you guys now :)






I think of ah Voon. My heart broke when she went back home for good. We were so close, so close, so close to each other. We lived under the same roof, we went to the same church, we did everything together. She's amazing and I love her so much. I believe we aren't done with each other.






I think of Tan Tan...the silly girl who has touched my heart. I know her journey. I know her ups and downs; as well as she knows mine. I remember the long nights of holding hands and walking randomly on the street, passing the baton to her. I remember she once said ,' it's so powerful when we serve together....' One day she'll leave too...Oh how I love and miss her..






I think of my OCF committee in 2005-06. I think of everyone there. Arthur, Goh No, Paul, Qi, Ling,wei jian...of course voon and tan tan. I remember spending every Saturday morning praying together and sharing...I remember how supportive and teachable they were. I remember how they were the pillars of this ministry. What can a president do without her capable committee? I loved each of them.






I think of my Fuzzy...ngaw...She is so cute, so full of life, so funny...We got very crazy in the company of each other. The outings were never boring because of her. She's a true friend who will stand up for me and protect me from unnecessary/ potential threat. I miss you u know...Adelaide is different without u.




And many more...many many more names that I remember and cherish , many many more familiar faces that have appeared in my life and owned a corner in my heart. And, many many more who are with me now...




As I count my blessings, I thank God so much. All the scenes of my life flash like videa clips in my mind, and as private and aloof as I am , they still involve friends who have shared my journey.




I wonder what they will write on my tombstone, one day if I join my Father in Heaven. Will they remember me like how I remember them?


This is not a tombstone, just a chimney in a beautiful evening when the sky was purple. I took this photo across the fence...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

no wonder my ears were itchy the whole day, hahahahahahahaha!

i miss u too :)

Jinfei said...

darn... no wonder my ears were perfectly fine!

;P

Anonymous said...

GNAW!!!!!!!!!
I MISS U TOO!!!! =(
yah life is definitely a lot less crazier without you here wif me...but i know you are happy there in adelaide and thats enough =).
come visit me soon!!
you know what....i feel like learning photography too...hee hee!!!!! inspired by YOU!!!
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

ha ....i think that i was drop out from ur memories, huh? saw ur website last week. glad u called last month n i was actually not in a good situation to talk that day, n i really wanna tell u that i m really appreciate that we spent the most precious moments in our life with each other, although we didn't make out at last. n i really like ur pics....wish that we have a chance to catch up.
Love and take care.

siew wai said...

hey,


of course not dropped out of my memories or I would not ring you . Those days are precious moments in my life and u have imparted a lot in my life. Thanks for evrything:)


and photography was something that u have encouraged me to do. I owned the first SLR because of you:)


I am very glad that you happy now, seriously. I bless you with all my heart k?