Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The BIG 4th of Novermber, 2008






Add Image
So I have something to tell the world.



Come and meet my fiance...Kevin.
Be happy for me won't you? :) For I have found my true love. God is really good.



It was a beautiful night and we went to a good old cafe for dinner. I remember that place. He held a farewell dinner there...just before he left for Melbourne for good. We dint think anything would happen at all from then.



Then we took a slow walk to the old chocolate place on Rundle Street. Hmmm....that was where we first confessed to each other...



So we were on Rundle street, as we turned into the small alleyway, he suddenly knelt down...brought out this big shiny monster....and asked me the big question...



How would I say no while he was doing this in the middle of the street? Stupid man! I looked left and right to make sure if anyone saw us....then a very very hasty nod...



'okie okie...quick...hurry up...a lot of ppl are watching..!!'



So he put the ring on my finger... got up from his knee...and we hugged for a long time....



Some bystanders who were getting into their car saw us obviously...they gave us a honk and raised their thumbs to cheer for us.... sweet.



hmmmm.......



:) I am a silly woman smilling like crazy. I know it must be God...but I dunno what courage He has given me to bring me to this stage. I would not have pictured this a few months ago.



My hermit crab life in the shell was comfy though it was also dark and cold.



A boy hermit crab came along, left his own shell, crawled to my shell home, knock knock knock....



knock knock knock.....until I opened the door...



He grabbed my hand, and dragged me out of that shell.



What would my life be if he chose to ignore his feeling for me in the first place? What would we be now if I dint open my mouth and tell him, ýes, I would be lying if I said I didn't like you...'



What if I continued to be an ice princess to him...What if he didn't come to Adelaide at all for that one year...



We could have missed each other just like that... this possibility scares me.



But I see the work of God everywhere from the beginning to now. Who is able to move a stubborn mountain like me other than God? God must be laughing out loud now....



'Who was this girl who said out loud about her gift of celibacy? Did I give her this''gift''?



Who asked ME to take this man away? '



No one knows what we need more than God does. He knows. And He cares deeply for each of us. Things will come when we seek His kingdom first. and when it comes, it comes beautifully , at the right time, to the right place. That's God. That's Him.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jie..:) Very happy for you:)

Anonymous said...

congratulations =)

come to Melbourne so we can meet you!

- a one-time fellow LGer of Kev's =)

eelainee said...

congrats, dear!!! happy happy for you...
when will be ur big day??

dearie.. i will be baptised next easter... then will attend the PMPC with my fiance...
i hope i can invite u lo... dear...

Anonymous said...

congratulations! I couldn't believe it when emily told me!

oh i don't know what to say. just very happy for you :)

rach said...

Congrats, siew wai! God is great!

siew wai said...

To my anonymous sister:
:) thank u...


To Kev's ex LGer:
:) thanks , will certainly come to melbourne...such a beautiful city.


To Elaine:
Hey!!! great news!!! Oh baptism! that will be one of the biggest days of ur life! I wish I could witness it... and with ur fiance? :) hehe good news darling :P


To Gen:
hey thanks! Lots have happened since you left! u know I miss u very very much...


To Rach:
:) thanks girl! God has looked after me in every area...He is awesome. u well?

eelainee said...

so, dear... would u be in malaysia next year dec???

ioyces said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ioyces said...

Congratulations Siew Wai!!!!

siew wai said...

thanks:)

Jinfei said...

Oh my~~~~ Congratulations!!! i'm not too late to know this rite?!!! Hope to meet with Kevin one day... one day...~~~~

siew wai said...

jinfei

hehe so far u are the first from chong hwa who know this...

:) thank u thank u! i m sure u will get to meet him...and i kinda feel that u and i are sharing a similar journey...hehe

Anonymous said...

haven read yr blog for quite awhile!! good thing i had the mood to go into yr blog and found out that you are going to join the club =) Congrats SW!!!!!!! so happy for you!! OOOOoooOOO... nice ring *winks* ..::liwen::..

siew wai said...

hey liwen

hahaha...yea definitely joining your club and following your steps too! we are using Novar Gardens too...haha :)

Anonymous said...

sWeeeeET!!!!~~~..::liwen::..

Anonymous said...

OMG, I have been away.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! AND!! CAN YOU BELIEVE WE GOT ENGAGED ON THE SAME DAY!!!

Sorry about the caps, couldn't contain my excitement!!

Congrats again my dear :)

siew wai said...

hey poh teng

heyyyy
oh my god i cant believe it too! and u got engaged on the same day! oh my god
i am very excited for u too u know...!!!!!!!!! remmber in one of our conversations we would not get married and u also said 'can't believe someone thinks the same like u'

:) i am happy for u....really! lemme know when the big day is, i will come to shoot for u?

loveeeeee

Anonymous said...

I get to be the last to comment here and congratulate you? :)

Not because I was the last to know... (I will still flatter myself that I was in K's top 10 to be told - outside of immediate family of course... or at least the top 25... ok ok maybe the top 100 not including any vaguely-related blood relatives)... uh, what was I saying?

Oh yes - congratulations :)

Perhaps I will get to meet you one day - it would be an honour.

>> korea.wurple.net

siew wai said...

hi! :) thankssssssss

i m sure u are in the top 25, kevin doesnt have a big family..

i m sure we will meet :) it will be an honour to me too!