Friday, November 21, 2008

backache

From now on I will be more empathetic towards my patients with backache...


Now I know what it feels. Sigh. The persistent muscle spasm is killing me. I can't seem to find a comfortable position, can't sit, can't stand, can't lie on my back, can't sneeze can't cough can't bend over, can't walk too long...can't exercise...


Kevin said he would bring me to see a GP and he promised he would not tell the GP that I am a doctor too...


I know what they will tell me...here's some pain killer, rest in bed for a few days, the pain should go away , if it doesnt recover in a few weeks, come back and do an xray and we will see how it goes...


I saw a couple of dozens of patients with backache in ED , this was what I would say to them...

4 comments:

ioyces said...

sorry to hear that Siew Wai...hope u get well soon!!

rach said...

SW, hope you get well soon. I have a cold, have been resting at home. =)

yoshimi ichikawa said...

Hope you are feeling better now?
And....can i be your flower girl? HAHA

siew wai said...

all my friends:

hehe thank u very much for the concern! and my back has made very slow but gradual improvement. now i know, do not take ur health for granted....


to ioyces:

:) thanks


To rach:

oh dear...u'd better rest..it's winter now isnt it...i meant over there.


To yoshimi:

Flower girl...........hahahhahaha okie...