Wednesday, June 11, 2008

railway
























( by sw, adelaide, 11/6/08...for more photos click www.siewwai.zenfolio.com)












I have always had an undescribable fondness for rail. The tracks, the trains, the system in general. And somehow it started when I was really little..






I remember taking the train for the first time at 9. And it was since then that I was fascinated by the trains.






I love it when the train cuts across the fields and the valleys. I like sitting by the window (unlike buses or planes,trains usually have huge windows) , reading or gazing out of the window.





I like wandering purposelessly from one unit to another, from the head to the tail. I like standing on the narrow place(i dunno what it is called) between 2 coaches, imagining 'what if i fell off the train'...







I love the tracks. Where do those long tracks lead me to? Each train runs on its own track, and then changes its path and runs on another track.







I love to hear the stories behind those tracks. Who built them once upon a time? Slaves and labours. Many tracks were built upon the lives of countless unnamed heroes.






Lemme get on the train again , lemme go somewhere for a few months :) Maybe to the outback



























(by sw, www.siewwai.zenfolio.com)

No comments: