Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Li Wen's wedding photos..





































Photo taken by sw,





Click www.siewwai.zenfolio.com for more photos.








For Li Wen....another friend got married last month :)








This was my 3rd wedding photography experience. Wedding photography has now become my passion. The best thing about this is that, because you hold a very big and professional camera, understandably you are allowed to stand very very close to the couple at all times :) No one would criticise you for pointing your lens sooooooo close to the bride's face.








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~








Anyway,...lets talk about somehting more serious.








It's been 5 weeks since I started working in the Emergency Dept. I remember being upset about coming back to ED at this time of the year, thought I'd be doing surgical work instead. And because of this bizarre arrangement, I thought all my previous plans would be in vain.








But I've never allowed this to be a stumbling block in my life. I told God...it's ok, Your ways are higher than mine. Maybe I've tried too hard with my own strength to acheive something that You have already ordained to happen.








I remember crying to Him...and shouting at the enemy to leave me alone. With God on my side I would not be defeated, I refused to let the disappointment become a form of bitterness. I am not that kind of person who just sits around doing nothing but mourning about my circumstances.








So since 1st day in ED, I told God, ...maybe I should rephrase, God taught me to see my daily life and my work as a calling, not just a job. Everyday on my way to the hospital (man...it's a 45 mins drive!) I ask God to lemme be excellent, lemme do my work well, lemme do it with a sense of purpose and destiny, and all this will bring Him glory and please Him.








And God is faithful to answer our prayers. When your heart is set to please Him, He will use you and give peace and joy to you in whatever you do.








I love my job.








And when you truly love your job and do it with all your heart, ppl will see it because it is evident.








My consultants and registrars have given me very good compliments, they are now trying to retain me in the department, and convince me to choose emergency medicine as my vocational training.








My patients love me too. Emergency is a great place to meet different types of ppl, and one of the best places to tell the patients about Jesus.








I know that God will continue to shine in all my circumstances...and when His presence is here, there's no darkness.








That's why King David has been my all time favourite. I feel so much like him. He was anointed to be the King of Israel, but long before the fulfilment of this promise, he had to go thru the grinding and moulding and preparation, by tending his father's sheep day in day out. Then he killed the lion and the bear...then he served the purpose of other ppl year in year out.. yet he did everything faithfully. And God showed him great favour in everything that he did.








Isn't it awesome?


We eat , we drink, we rise and sit...and in everything that we do, if we do it unto the glory of God,and do it with a sense of purpose and destiny and eternity, life becomes so meaningful.








And God must increase, we must decrease.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~























































photo taken by sw... more photos on www.siewwai.zenfolio.com :)

2 comments:

ioyces said...

hey Siew Wai!! this post is so encouraging!! thanks for sharing!! May u continue to blossom wherever u r planted!

siew wai said...

:)