Friday, October 19, 2007

photography

I've become very excited now whenever I think about shooting. I should briefly share about my passion for photography. It all started 7-8 years ago while I was still a young school kid (ehem at least I was much younger than now). That was before I studied medicine, I thought I would end up being a photographer for the National Geographic Magazines. I was crazy about it, I would go to those photography exhibitions and lingered till someone had to drag me out of it.My first boyfriend who loved me very much then bought me a very expensive SLR, I was the happiest person. That was my first toy.


Back then all cameras were film cameras. I remember carrying my film SLR wherever I went, to the class, the sports day, the weddings, the ceremonies, the funerals, the outdoor adventures, the trips etc...I shot like crazy, and hehe mom paid like crazy too :) the best part was, I only liked black and white films, those films were a few times more expensive than the normal colour films.


Then I kinda stopped shooting since I came to Australia. I dunno why...maybe because I have had other commitments. In that whole time of staying here, I nearly stopped doing everything that I liked. I stopped shooting, stopped painting/sketching, stopped long distance cycling, stopped going for wild adventures.


I did not realize how much I've missed photography until my friend showed me his toys a few weeks ago. Holding his DSLR and telescope lens in my hands, I felt the very raw passion for photography was once again roused.


I wanna do it once again, I wanna do it well, and this time not for myself, but I wanna do it to bless other people.
I wanna shoot ppl and cheer them up, I wanna shoot every single thing around us to remind ourselves that God cares about small things, I wanna shoot the nature to make ppl go like 'WOAaa the Creator of the universe is amazing!'



My another friend Chi Too is a photographer back home. He was one of the very first ppl who inspired me to shoot better photographs, yesterday I went to him like a 3 year old and told him I've found back my passion for photography,I was like 'Did you feel my excitement? Could you see it?!!' , he was like ' yea I can see it oozing out of your orifices.'...awwww


These are some of his recent shots in Papua New Guinea...enjoy :)
































































No comments: