Wednesday, October 24, 2007

tomorrow's menu

Ask me what I crave now, I'd scream out loud 'I want a bowl of fish ball noodles! and lotsa fried onion and coriander on top, preferably with a few drops of sesame oil. Oh yeah, not to forget the chopped chili padi.' That will satisfy my craving now, that will do:) And after that gimme a cendol with lotsa lotsa coconut milk and syrup. The meal will be completed with a BBQ pork pastry (Seremban Siu Pao), then an eggtart fresh from the oven....

Slurp slurpp..

Then the breakie for tomorrow will be wan ton noodles , a red bean bun and a cup of teh tarik.

Lunch will be chicken rice and bean sprouts in oyster sauce.

What about dinner? I'd be the happiest person if mom prepares the dinner. Steamed fish with mushroom and tofu; stir fried vege with lotsa garlic; fried eggs sprinkled with soy sauce; sweet and sour king prawns ; chef's special vegetarian dish ( only mom knows the recipe, passed down from grandma :) ) ...


To complete the day, of course I will have supper just before bed time. The best supper is when I have it with my family at the mamak near my house. Roti kosong with dal is a must-have; but usually one is not enough, I will need a plate of maggie goreng extra hot to satisfy my appetite....


Well.. there's no harm to fantasize about being home. I miss home truly madly deeply.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiyo, u make me crave la. i want bean sprouts with oyster sauce and wantan mee.

sigh~

siew wai said...

hmmm maybe i should resume cooking hehe i can make pretty good dishes ehem ehem :) will do it