Saturday, April 14, 2007

my birthday : 31st March

I can't believe I have not posted anything for nearly a month. I will explain later why I have disappeared from the virtual world for a month :)

So as I repost, I wanna begin with my birthday. 31st March...I reckon all March babies are special, so special that their birthdays fall on March, and especially those born on 31st of March. I believe all the 31/3 babies share some unique features that only we understand. One thing I can be sure is, we are all very private ppl. And we are special hehe :P

So it was my birthday. Unlike all my birthdays in the past, this birthday was the most quiet one. For a few reasons, there was no big celebration, no big surprises. It was a Saturday and I was actually working overtime on my own birthday. I stayed in the hospital until 10pm that day. The very next day Sunday I worked the whole day as well...so, there was no big celebration.

But God has always been good to me. I had 5-6 cakes..

1) My flatmates' parents organised a small dinner party for me a few days before my actual birthday. That warmed my heart and made me cried a bit...

2)my colleagues brought me a cake at work, we hid in the office after the overtime, switched off our pagers, and stuffed ourselves with cakes...

3)my dearest frens intended to 'surprise' me by bringing a cake and singing a birthday song for me at my doorstep. That was my 3rd cake.

4)Esther made me and Jasmine 2 cakes and had M&M on it. It was very cute :) We had a small candle blowing ceremony in a corner of OCF.

5)And I received lotsa presents and messages from lotsa ppl...The most important present was from my MOMMY. MOMMY (and of course my whole family) sent a big parcel from Malaysia, with many gifts from each of them in the box. The most profound one was a necklace with a titanium cross , and a short msg from Mommy. She wrote ,'I specially ordered a titanium cross for you, so that you will wear it daily and that GOD will protect you all the time.'

Yahooooo it was from my unbelieving mom! She finally acknowleged God :)That's my best present.

----

So I just turned 26. But this number still seems very unfamiliar to me. I m so used to telling everyone I am 25. Someone asked me last week how old I am. The '25' just slipped out of my mouth almost as quick as a reflex. Haha another year withered, I am approaching my late 20's from now on.

I thank God that He knew me, thought of me, chose me, and called me even before He formed me :)

No comments: