Tuesday, September 19, 2006

some updates...

It has been a long time...phew, the busiest week has passed.

FINALLY I have stepped down! I am no longer the chairperson. This month has been an emotional period, as I reflected on the past 1 year, I was reminded how faithful God has been to OCF and myself.

OCF was left with 30-40 ppl when I first took chair. The atmosphere was dry, every Friday night when the worship team were in front, the hall was only 20% filled. Can't remember how many times I was on my knees crying to God, asking Him to show me a way to revive OCF.
He is surely faithful. OCF exploded with growth both spiritually and physically. Now we have average attendance of 80 ppl every Friday. Each bible study group goes well, the atmosphere is just different.

..........when I recall, I can only smile now. God has surely given me a new heart, I don't remember the pain and sufferings, the exhaustion of my body and sometimes my spirit. All I remember is the faithfulness of God and the joy of serving Him.
*****
AGM went well. I led worship with my whole committee. Seeing the new president and her committee took over the baton, I was reminded of what happened 1 year ago..wong siew wai took chair, wong siew wai gave a speech and vision for OCF, wong siew wai sang the vision song...wong siew wai stepped up with a prideful and vulnerable heart; 1 year later wong siew wai stepped down with a contrite and strong heart, knowing humility is the key of every servant of Christ; the heart was scarred,renewed and trained.

*****
Though with a lot of spiritual attacks which led to physical hazards to me myself, Kairos (leadership camp) still went very well.Praise God. The game idea He gave Voon and I was truly a testimony in itself. How could we think of building a Noah's Ark if not God? How could we think of the correlation between the building of the Ark was like building His kingdom? It is only Him.

At the end of the game everyone came up to us and said they had never experienced such thing like this in a game, they have all enjoyed it and the teaching behind it. All said it was very original, we should copy right the game..haha..God's plan is truly original, He is the master mind behind, all glory to Him.
********
The mentally ill Chinese guy whom I mentioned in my blog was sent to another mental hospital. I will visit him there..
*******
Today I woke up, I felt my life is new now. I felt very strange but nice.
Everything has changed, but God is still the same to me. And it doesnt change my identity in His eye.

I love him, and He loves me.

4 comments:

jan said...

hey siew wai!
This has nothing to do with this post but i though u'd see this more clearly if i put it here...about the IMBI MARKET WANTON NOODLE....SOB SOB SOB>>>>SHE SOLD IT TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!!!
I WAS SUPER SAD! I grew up eating her noodles! I called her 'por por'....sigh....super sad...that was the best wonton noodles on earth!

siew wai said...

huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
what
she sold it??????? when was that? I have not gone there for more than 1 year.. :(
the noodle is indeed the best wanton noodles!!! i have tried many many many wanton noodles of different places but thats the best!
no words can describe! and it is super cheap. sigh.
but i still go to that market whenever i go back to KL.the milk tea and other food also not bad :)

Justin said...

Yo friend, how are you? Decided to have a look at your blog after re-reading some of the comments on mine. Just realized that I have never visited your blog coz I'm always too busy. Lol. I know its not good. Am working on it. Anyway, hope you are doing well over there. Are you coming back? Be sure to let me know if you are. We go out yam cha. Also, don't know if you would be in Malaysia around December next year. I'm planning something. Please make yourself available.

Take care,
Justin

siew wai said...

hey justin! eh these few days we were just talking about u and shermayne, and we miss u, esp me, serious, i mean i miss the bit of how u have been giving urself in OCF.
yea will be back in nov 06. u planning something in dec 07? hehe getting married?????? if u invite me i will come home.