Thursday, September 14, 2006

powerful testimony

You know what happened 3 hours ago?

All of a sudden my dear sister Ivy Voon had very terrible rash and itchiness all over her body.It was already 2am and we just finished the birthday celebration for my boyfriend, I was dead tired. She requested me to send her to the hospital at 2 am...so we rushed to the hospital ( yes, the one where I worked at just 1 week ago).

My heart was troubled because it was already 2am on Thursday, and I still had so many things that I have not done before AGM on Friday and Kairos on Sat and Sun. I have to prepare for the worship leading, the step down speech, and I am also in charge of a 2hr session in Kairos (the bigger scale leadership seminar) but I have no idea what to teach/do!

I felt that it was a fierce spiritual warfare. Now that we were stuck in the hospital, I couldn't plan the 2hr workshop, and Ivy might not be able to play the piano and lead worship in Kairos due to the sickness.

Then in the hospital we just prayed and prayed and prayed. In my prayer I was reminded that the whole preperation of Kairos was not smooth, a few speakers pulled out and we are still short of one speaker. But all this is the devil's scheme.

A miracle happend after we prayed. Somehow we started to have a lot of fantastic ideas about the workshop. We were so excited and inspired by the Spirit that we managed to work the plan out in just 2 hours! In just 2 hours, in the hospital, with the help of the Spirit, we could do what I could not do in 3 weeks!

What amazed me the most was when we finished planning, Ivy's rash and itchiness disappeared simultaneously! We cancelled our registration and went home.

I felt so strongly the Lord has won the battle for us. What the devil tried to do against us, God turned it around and used it to bless us. God also knew I wouldn't be able to work that by myself at home because I was distracted by other responsibility. It has to be done in the hospital while we were freed from other duties.

The devil's plan: Ivy became sick + I had no time to plan
God's victory: Ivy was healed + we worked a wonderful plan together
Results: God gets the glory through our testimony

Trust me, it will be an awesome workshop, not because of me, but because I know this plan came from God. And God works for the good of all who love Him.

No comments: