Monday, October 12, 2009

COUNTING DOWN....24-12=12 ( For my mom)

It is by convention that every modern day bride-to-be has a little story to tell as they count the days they have before THE DAY.


And since I am only gonna marry once in my lifetime, I thought this would be a cool thing to do. Maybe years down the road when I reread this series of count down entries I will have a silly grin on my face.


Phew...to be honest, I am pretty anxious now. The break outs on my face is the greatest evidence of my unexplained anxiety. My heart is constantly beating fast probably as a result of prewedding anxiety/excitement , and of course, caffeine and the adrenaline rush that I have at work.


These days I miss my mom even more.


God creates man and woman to be husband and wife, and when they are married they leave their respective parents and become one. This is a beautiful plan that God has for those who are called into a marriage.


I have a very complex mixture of feelings in me. I look forward to being married of course. But deep down inside the heavy feeling of not wanting to be separated from my mom and dad is getting to me. I miss my mommy.


Mom knows that I am highly stressed at this moment. She sent me a text message that goes like this, ' Try to relax, do one thing at a time. think of the beautiful days ahead. Imagine you putting on your wedding dress , walking into the church and all your guests standing up. And you will be the happiest woman on earth. All you have to do is to have sufficient rest.'


My mom is not a person who writes. She usually writes ' happy birthday, mama loves you and misses you very much,' on each of my birthday card. And when she sends an sms, she usually duplicates them so that my sister and myself will get the same version of texts.


This is one of the few times mom writes something at length to me.


I love you my dearest mommy. You are my hero. You are my role model. You are my best friend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO EXCITTTTEEDD for you!

But so sad we'll miss it!Boo!

It's such a bittersweet feeling isnt it? But hey, look on the bright side..you get another 'mum' who's been so generous with her love so far!

love lots,
G

siew wai said...

:) thats so true !

Jinfei said...

well i may not be the best person to give advice.. i did not prepare for my wedding and i did not even have a single thought of how that day should gonna be.. i let everything flow by itself.. i felt a little awkward on that day because i did not know how should i act and my guests' expectation.. so i guess a little preparation beforehand is definitely beneficial. Anxious is good. That means you are ready :)

siew wai said...

:) i think i am