Monday, February 25, 2008

25/2/08

I was meant to write this post a few days ago, have been living without internet connection at home for a good 1 week!


A few ppl have already shown their concern re: my last post...Hehe:) My apology if I sounded aggressive.


Well, I must say I have had a rough week. So much was going on and it was all too overwhelming to me. But all in all God is with me and has again and again reminded me of His faithfulness.


The reason of me being upset and discouraged was I found out that this year I am not eligible to apply to the surgical training program for 2009 because I am not a PR. That means I will have to wait this year, get registered next year; and if everything works out well (hopefully), I may then start my surgical training in 2010.


This is only gonna happen IF I have accomplished this and that in order to increase my eligibility for the selection, given that the competition is very very intense.


Yeah...to cut the long story short, I'll have to anticipate hardships ahead of me.


Nevertheless, I've become even more determined to stick to this path after knowing the challenges and hardships that I will have to endure. I have seen how God's been guiding me onto this path and as soon as I know and am made certain about this, I will just do it. That's just my character. If God says Go, then nothing can stop me.


I am gonna go all out for this. If it means I will have to put in 10 times more effort , I will do it.


Many ppl have advised me against this decision. I have been bombarded with questions like 'are u sure?.....u are a female, it's gonna be hard to have a family!...is it worth it? ...Can't u just do something easier? u can still be a missionary doctor...dun have to be a surgeon... etc etc etc'


Well, I just think , if God has given me the resilience and the surgical personality, why waste it?
Why not aim for the highest/most difficult, and do my best with the help of God? Why tell myself I am gonna fail even before the beginning of the battle? Why succumb to the lies of the devil if God is atually on my side?


Without God, I am just a tiny lil Asian girl who doesn't stand a chance at all amongst the huge white men (this is a male dominated field); I m certainly not the most intelligent one, and probably not as articulate as them.


But with God, I am more than a conquerer. With the name of God, King David killed the giant with just a sling and a stone. I can do the same can't I? :)


2008 and 09 will be tough, there will be many giants to kill and many mountains to climb. God has already shown me the way and given me the resources, all I need to do is just to walk the journey myself.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the monster-fighting-journey is not a lonely way....u'll hav your whole family here to back-up you!

from:
baba,mama,gorgor,zhuzhu,meimei,nini

siew wai said...

OMG!!
I love u all...i love u all !!
I am such a blessed person to have u all in my life! Ur comment made me cry! You guys are the best...