Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The LORD Almighty is His name

I was suddenly struck by roaring waves of fear as I looked around the home that we built together. We are letting go of our comfort zone now. The real estate agents came and went, the moving company will come in the next few days to bring everything away. The walls and shelves are empty, boxes are everywhere on the floor.

I have not slept for many hours and have not eaten anything. My head was filled with a multitude of thoughts. How am I going to pack everything up? How do I clean up? Which agent should I use? Will I have a secured job next year in a foreign city? Which hospital should I apply to? How do I start my new life in a new city? etc etc etc...

A sense of despair, darkness and hopelessness suddenly grabbed me and I broke down. I cried out loud , O'Lord O'Lord, please do no forsake me! Please strengthen me...That was all that I could utter in my despair, my spirit groaned in pain.

I knew in the moment of vulnerability I could not let the devil win this battle for the battle and victory belong to the Lord Jesus. All I knew was to run to God. Run Run Run Siew Wai. Praise Him! Worship Him! Cry to Him! Ask, seek and knock! Pray until you see His face! I repeatedly read out Psalm 23 in a loud voice.

Then I knew my Lord is near me, I felt Him as I meditated on His Word. He is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul, He guides me along the right paths for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of darkness of death, I will fear no evil for He is with me, His rod and His staff comfort me. He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies, He anoints my head with oil, my cup overflows. Surely His goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

He pointed me to Jeremial 31. I read through the whole chapter again and again, my clothes were soaked with tears. For He has heard my cry and He reassured me that He has loved me with an everlasting love. He said He would tear down only to rebuild. He scatters only to gather again. He would make me plant vineyards and be fruitful. I will go out and dance with the joyful.

Jeremiah 31: 35-36, This is what the LORD says,

He who appoints the sun to shine by day, who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar— the LORD Almighty is his name:
“Only if these decrees vanish from my sight,” declares the LORD, “will Israel ever cease being a nation before me.”


Yes the LORD Almighty is His name.

Do not be discouraged Siew Wai, Do not fear, be strong and be very courageous, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Amen.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will all work out, you'll see.=)
And then ..you can write a whole blog post about what God has done!

-G-