Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the same patient..

part 2...


So after a few days off, I went back to work last wee. And that patient (read my previous post) has been staying in ICU since then.


Guess what....He is now reading the Message Bible and 'What so amazing about Grace' by Philip Yancey. That's really amazing.


I told him that I'd been praying for him, and each time he would look at me as though it was something huge...and nod his head, said 'Thank you, really!'


And every now and then he would share with me about his thoughts...and that he has misunderstood God, and now he is enjoying God's grace.


And he is really keen to visit the church that I go to.


He said,' Hey guess what, I told my wife about what you told me and she nearly fell over! She couldn't believe it and who knows, she might come with me to your church, and my son too!'


I don't dare to claim any credit for myself. All I hope and pray for is his transformation and the salvation of his whole family and his friends!


Who knows what God has planned for him?


Who knows if God will use him to bring other drug addicts to Him?


We shall see what will happen. However, even if nothing would happen, I believe the seeds were planted. Everything will happen in due time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sew Wai!!! Stumbled upon your posts and really really encouraged by this post. Am very very encouraged to see how God works through doctors!

siew wai said...

Hi Chris,
what a pleasant surprise!
yeah, God uses the willing ones...and i am sure i will hear great stories from you too! :)
love