Tuesday, September 18, 2007

To my new brother in Christ

I m not sure when you will read this. But you know that this is for you :)

First of all, congratulation! You have made the best decision in ur life. Please dun mind me (or us) keep telling you that you have made the best decision, not that we know your life inside out that we have the ability or rights to say anything about your decisions in life. But it is a truth.

Did you know I was so anxious at the end of the message, when the preacher told us to close our eyes and slip up our hands if anyone among us choose to respond to God's calling? I was praying and praying in my heart, God God! Please give him the courage and faith to take that one step. Please touch him and let him see You!

I felt something in my heart, very strongly, it felt exactly the same when I sat with my unbelieving friend in church 4 months ago as she responded to God. The same feeling told me this time something significant was going to happen.

So I was very tempted to peek what you would do. Would you lift up your hand? My heart was pounding, almost coming out of my mouth.

When I finally opened my eyes, I saw the the same old you. Nothing dramatic. You didn't say anything. There was a slight disappointment sinking in my heart. I thought, well, maybe next time. I shouldn't push things....

It was only when the counselor came to you that I knew you DID actually lifted up your hand! Did you see the joy and excitement written all over my face? Did you even see the tears in my eyes? I was overjoyed, my whole heart was praising God for His mercy and grace, for His transforming power, for His sovereignty. I couldn't help but praise God again and again for what He has done for you.

I recall those days when I first met you in medical school. I remember inviting you many times to church, and you jokingly said only if I went to the pub with you. You knew I would not go to the pub with you. Nevertheless I prayed a few times for you. Then we lost contact with each other in the final year. It was only until the beginning of this year when we started working together that we've become close again. Even then you still refused to come to church with me. This time you said coming to pub ain't enough, I had to get myself drunk in order to persuade you.

Even though you might not know it that time, but I've been praying for you. Many times I asked God to open your eyes and let you see that He loves you, to bring you out of darkness to light. You said you admired my positiveness and passion for life. I said you could have the same thing if you accepted it.

You started coming to church with me. Man! You were as anxious as a 5 year old kid going to school for the first day. We were sitting in the car for 10 mins before the service started....It turned out well didn't it? Then you came for a few more times, you started praying and felt Him yourself. Thank you for even praying for me.

It is very amazing to see what God has been doing all along. I believe God has begun His good work in you even way before last Sunday, even before we met each other. He works all things for the good of those who love Him, and called according to His purpose. I am awestruck to see the way He puts things altogether, the way He led you to Him. It was not by accident, but He had you in His mind way back.

I am excited to see what God will do in and through you. I am very privileged to be the one standing next to you at this stage. I am awestruck. Praise God forever and ever :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your strength, your passion, your encouragement, and your support made me what I am today. It hasn't been easy, but I truly believe God sent you to touch me in a way no other person could...
Thankyou..
It is the beginning of a long journey, but a journey I look forward to, knowing I share it with Him, and with you...

gilliangel said...

REALLY?
Is this who I think you're talking about!
CONGRATS - tell him i said so!

gilliangel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.