Friday, November 24, 2006

i am back, AGAIN - Holiday part 1

It has really been a long time. This holiday has really been a blessing to me. Now, I finally am in the right mood to say something about it.
________________________________________

TAIPEI:

I had a very bad food poisoning on the 1st day of my arrival in Taipei. You know, food posioning, severe diarrhea+vomiting, I became too dehydrated that I passed out while I was rushing to the toilet. My mom found me lying unconscious on the floor...
So the first few days of my holiday in Taipei was well spent lying in the hotel bed :(
Thank God the recovery was speedy.
________________________________________

HONG KONG:

This was one of the most meaningful trips in this holiday. I insisted of coming to HK for a very special friend ( of course I loved the shopping in HK but he was the reason I visited HK). We were good friends before he left Adelaide. 2 years ago, as an unbeliever, he attended our bible study group in the hostel. I remember he came faithfully every evening and asked a lot of questions abt God. Then he went back to HK for good and we lost contact...

What I did not know was, he eventually experienced God in HK and was baptised a few months ago.

Can you imagine how great my joy was when I heard this from his mouth...I hugged and squeezed him with all my strength.
It is not only the joy of him being a Christian; what makes me tear is the joy of seeing his change from a person burdened by questions, worries and sorrow to someone who rejoices in all circumstances.

I am truly glad for him. He no longer tries to understand and hold everything in his hand, now I see the real joy and relief in his eyes. I am truly glad for him.

On the last day I knew he was tired but we still walked on the streets that were crazily packed with people, took all types of public transport, tried lotsa food and had very very meaningful conversation. I almost wept as we said good bye at the hotel lobby. I really miss you, my very close brother in Christ.

I shall see you again in HK.

No comments: