Monday, July 06, 2009

Shall I count down????

Every girl ( well, ok, not every but most girls) wants to have a dreamy fairy tale style wedding when they get married. I am not sure if I was one of them ( I am using past tense. )

The fact about me is that I am not the type of girls who will sit down for the whole day and fantasize about that BIG day. (Infact, before this I did not even think I would marry anyone.....) Which kind of dress, which kind of flowers, which kind of bridesmaid dress, which shoes, which jewels , which hair style, which make up, which musics, which theme, which colour for the carpet ( thank God there's only one colour for the carpet)...

I am really not fussed. I just want my family and close friends to be there and celebrate this day with me. I just want to walk down the aisle to my husband. I don't need a perfect ceremony, I don't want to be anxious and stressed about THE day. I don't think 10 20 years later I will remember what shoes I wear on my wedding day, I certainly will not remember what songs the musicians play. But one thing I will remember, I will remember that I have had a fun and crazy wedding, and that I am married to him, and all my loved ones are there with me.

But having said that, it doesnt mean I have no anticipation for my wedding at all. I am very excited about it. Again, as I said, it is more so for the 'marriage' (or the holy union, if anyone wants to call it this way) and the celebration with my family, rather than the rituals and formality.

So, 3 more months to go, and I have not had everything on the list ticked. But so what?

6 comments:

Emily Chh said...

Very happy for you jie...:) Congratulations!Best wishes!The futures full of promise and
its only just begun... You're starting on a journey,a new exciting life~
Be Happy All the best!!!!:) Again~ Congrats jie~

With love,
Emilly

rach said...

Congrats to you, Siew Wai! This is indeed the beginning of an exciting journey God has planned for you and your love one.

skye said...

and this is the siew wai i knw, coz she only prepare everything the day before, hahahahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

For months I wondered if I was weird for not feeling nervous/ excited...I'm glad that I'm not the only bride-to-be that is feeling it this way!

Enjoy the last 3 months before the next page is turn for the story of your life!

Christina

siew wai said...

oh gosh i have not checked my blog for so long....

Emily:
thanks for that my dear lil sister :) and u remember u were so supportive when i went thru hard times? love u


Rach:
hey girl! u! how is it going? speaking of which, i should check out ur blog.

Skye:
weiiiiiiiiiiiii hahaha dun say that...i have changed a lot ok? i usually get things done TWO days before...LOL! cant wait to see u here!!


Christina:
hey :) no u are not the only one! join my club! hahha...u looked great the other day!

rach said...

Hey Siew Wai, I'm doing good. Please upload some photos on your BIG day! I love to know the great things God is doing in you even I'm so so far away. =)