Thursday, January 22, 2009

my car is suicidal!

Purple Monster is fed up with life. He's had enough of his master.


He started to show signs of depression 2 years ago and I should have noticed it! My mistake, I was too busy with my own life and paid too lil attention to him. He started showing traits of ageing, and I attributed that to borderline personality disorder. U know, people with borderline personality disorder usually are attention seeker who threaten to attempt suicide or self harm.


Everytime when he flashed out 'check engine', I thought he was throwing tantrum or having his episodes of borderline personality disorder.


I should have noticed it.


Poor Purple Monster, who has gone through the ups and downs of life with me in the last 4 years. He has been with me when I was in my highest and my lowest in life. He has seen my laughter and tears. Many times when I cried and prayed in car, he would just be quiet and bring me to places I wanted to go. When I was on high and sing praise songs to God at my highest pitch, he would run even faster as though he shared my joy.


Purple Monster has served me well. Together, both of us has brought many people to church.
He's seen ppl come and go. Some stayed only for a short while, some stayed longer.


I remember 4 years ago I saw him on the internet, his previous master put him on sale. We met in a carpark, and the first time I saw him I fell in love with him. I was so proud that I finally owned my own car! And he was a smart looking car!


But he was not easily tamed. I had not driven a manual car for 8 years until I met Purple Monster. I remember I spent a few hours on the first day trying to get on top of him, and I must say I did well.


I confess that I am not a good master. Purple Monster has only been bathed 8 times, the first time was when my ex's parents visited Adelaide. The 2nd time was when my parents visited me. The 3rd and 4th time were at the prepaid Happy Wash station with Fuzzy, and that was very therapeutic for me. The 5th , 6th ,7th and 8th time he was bathed by the rain I guess.


I recall one incident where I could not find Purple Monster in the hospital carpark after a heavy rain. I went round and round the carpark and finally saw a sparkling dustless purple car. Guess what, I forgot what he looked like under the thick coat of dust.


Purple Monster started getting sick and weak. I brought him to the doctor every 6 months, and each time the doctor would shake his head and ask me how long more do I intend to keep him.


I knew he wasn't very well.


So he attempted suicide twice last week. Or maybe that wasn't even an attempt. Maybe he is really tired and over it. He stayed in the car hospital for 1 week, had a few organ transplants and made it.


I really felt like giving an 'NFR'( Not For Resuscitation) order to the doctor. I felt Purple Monster has had enough in his life.


I should just let him go...

2 comments:

Caravaggio said...

Poor purple monster indeed...

:(

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.