Monday, December 04, 2006

Patch Adams

Finally I watched that film yesterday! I know my friend Ming must be feeling relieved now ;) At one point when I was really fed up about being a medical student, he sent this DVD to me from London and insisted that I MUST WATCH IT. Yes, finally I have watched it.

I was really quite inspired by Patch. While I was watching the film, back in my mind I couldn't stop myself from calculating the cost of cooking a pool-ful of spaghetti... hehe.

I am very glad the medical education in Australia is actually quite different from what was shown in the film Patch Adams.
I can call my senior doctor by the first name, 'Hey XXX wanna go for a coffee?'
I am not required to wear the white coat in the hospital. There is no such thing like 'I am the doctor and you are not.'

And yes, Patch said, 'Everyone is a patient and everyone is a doctor. '

I agree :)

No comments: